Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Lumbini Curry House: A Friendly Indian and Nepalese Restaurant

As the numbers of cases of Covid were decreasing, and I already had an appointment at the nearby Nakamura Nisseki Hospital, I decided to have lunch at an Indian and Nepalese Curry restaurant, Lumbini.

Today's lunch menu
The lunch menu consists of several choices and combos, but I love lamb so I went with a mutton curry set. First came the side salad, dressed with a sweet and creamy thousand island-like dressing. Then came a couple pieces of chicken tikka, which was sprinkled generously with cumin. It was salty and although not entirely juicy, it was not dry either. The plain lassi drink was like a thinned out yogurt, great to balance out the bold flavours of the curry and salty chicken tikka. You can't have curry without naan, which was slightly sweet and had kind of a doughy flavour. I always find that naan in Japan is sweet and the size of it is always gigantic (both not a bad thing)! The owner made sure to let me know that the naan was unlimited here. There's no way I can eat 2 of them though!

Lunch menu

Chicken tikka

Lassi

At last, the mutton curry. It had 4 big pieces of mutton and was not that spicy, as I had chose level 1 spiciness when ordering. It actually had some sweetness that would be perfect for the Japanese palate and for kids. I could really taste the cardamon in it.

Mutton curry and naan

Lumbini is a small restaurant with ethnic decorations and music playing in the background. The owner is Nepalese and is very friendly. The shop was not so busy, but then again it was during corona virus times that I visited.


Area: about a 7-min. walk southeast of Nakamura Nisseki Station (Higashiyama Line) 中村日赤駅(東山線)
Restaurant: Lumbini Curry House ルンビニカレーハウス
Map and Infohttps://tabelog.com/aichi/A2301/A230113/23054993/
Hours: Lunch 11am-3pm (LO 2:30pm), Dinner 5-10pm (LO 9:30pm), closed for dinner on Mondays


No comments:

Post a Comment