Sunday, November 10, 2019

Farm Banana Ice Cream

Banana juice seems to be a trend gaining in popularity these days. It's most often made by sticking a banana in a blender with some milk, or my mixing a banana flavoured syrup with milk. Especially with the version that uses a real banana, it is recommended to drink immediately before it starts to separate or change colour. Recently I've been craving a banana juice, but without owning a blender haven't been able to get my hands on one. This is where banana ice cream comes into the picture.


At a Family Mart convenience store I found a cup of Bokujo (Farm) Banana Ice Cream. I'm guessing they call Bokujo because perhaps it is made on a farm or using fresh milk. I thought it might satisfy my banana juice craving, and I was not wrong. The top layer consists of a plain soft ice cream. Underneath that is the banana part. If you take a look at the ingredients, real banana 'juice' was used!  Makes it feel like a healthy dessert with only 167 kcal in the whole cup. The banana layer is a bit more icy in texture compared to the top creamy layer, but that's expected if it's made mostly from the real fruit. It is sweet with a big banana punch that mixes perfectly well with the milk ice cream. They actually label this dessert as ice milk, not ice cream. A great cup of dairy and banana that doesn't have to be eaten right away.



No comments:

Post a Comment